published 26 May 2017
in category with
“Sunlight is made up of many colours – unseen by the naked eye. Under the right conditions, that plain light becomes a magnificent rainbow.”
Paint A Smile’s Rainbow Art Exhibition reveals your everyday rainbows: the people around you, particularly those living with a visible or invisible disability. Appreciate the skills and abilities hidden within your friends and family members. You’ll find that “rainbows aren’t only for a rainy day.”
This exhibition is the first of its kind in Paint A Smile history. Our goal is to create an inclusive community event and bring people together with art. The theme is creative art expression and inclusion.
We invite those living with a disability to come forth and show your creative expressions with the community! For local artists who wish to participate, show us what inclusion looks like to you.
This event couldn’t have been possible without the support of Community Living York South, DD Community Connector, and our community members. A special thanks to them!
[pt_row element_name=”Row”][pt_column width=”1/1″][pt_heading element_name=”Heading” heading=”h2″ text=”Call for Submissions” color=”#ed9b21″ align=”center” extra_class=”” margin=”-100px 0px 0px 0px”][/pt_heading][/pt_column][/pt_row]
[pt_row element_name=”Row”][pt_column width=”12/12″][pt_accordion element_name=”Accordion” titles=”Art Divisions/n/Artist Eligibility/n/Themes/n/Acceptable Artwork/n/Submitting your entry/n/I submitted my entry, what next?/n/Yay! My artwork is accepted, what next?” extra_class=””]
- Adult Art Division (age 18+)
- Intermediate Art Division (Age 14 – 18)
- Junior Art Division (Age 6 – 13)
- Individuals living with an invisible/visible disability
- People who support the disability community
- Ontario resident
- At least 6 months experience in visual art
/next/ For individuals living with an invisible/visible disability Theme: (1) Creative Expression – exploring life’s unlimited possibilities (2) Inclusion – equality for all, no matter a person’s perceived mental or physical capabilities. Subject can be any of the following using any art medium:
- Animals (including fish, fowl, and reptiles)
- Inclusive Environment
- Your artwork must fall under Rainbow Art Exhibit’s Themes
- Any art medium is permitted
- All artwork is to be original – no copies or paint by numbers
- A copy is defined as a drawing or painting taken (or partially taken) from another artist’s work
- NO profanity or nudity allowed – artwork will all be screened prior to acceptance
- No wet artwork will be accepted. Flat artwork ONLY
- All pictures must be properly framed
- Frames must be no longer than 36”
- Artwork must be wired from side to side for hanging; sawtooth hangers will not be accepted
- Accepted exhibitors must bring or ship their artwork between September 1st to 17th, 2017 to the following location
during their opening hours:
The circulation desk of Markham Village Branch of Markham Public Library
6031 Highway 7, Markham, ON, L3P 3A7
- Any artwork that does not comply with the rules will not be accepted
- Fully read through all submission guidelines
- Complete and submit the ‘Call for Submission’ Google form on this page
- Direct form link: https://goo.gl/forms/PCVoedrfvBdee9ku2
- A fee of $10 will be charged per entry; you may submit up to 3 unique art pieces per entry
- Only one entry per person
Deadline to submit entry is August 1, 2017, 11:59pm EST /next/
- Your artwork will be reviewed and screened – keep an eye on your email for your artwork acceptance by August 11, 2017!
- Tell all your friends about the Rainbow Art Exhibition!
- Congrats! Make sure your artwork adheres to rules in the ‘Acceptable Artwork’ dropdown above
- Accepted exhibitors must be able to bring or ship their artwork to The circulation desk of Markham Village Branch of Markham Public Library, 6031 Highway 7, Markham, ON, L3P 3A7 between September 10 – 16th, 2017 and must be able to pick up the artwork between September 23rd – 29th, 2017
- Tell everyone you’re showcasing your artwork at the Rainbow Art Exhibition!